Today is AHPs day, which takes place across the country and is a grass root opportunity for AHPs to come together and celebrate being part of the AHP family. It’s is a social movement to enable AHPs to collaborate within services, organisations and regions to:
- Improve awareness of the roles of the 14 allied health professions (see below)
- Demonstrate the achievements of local services and their impact on patient care and population health
- Support integrated working with other services and organisations
- AHPs are now the second largest healthcare workforce with significant opportunities to support delivery of the NHS long term plan
In the UK, allied and scientific health professions include:
- Art Therapists
- Drama therapists
- Music therapists
- Occupational therapists
- Operating Department Practitioners
- Prosthetists and Orthotists
- Speech and language therapists
At InHealth, we have almost 600 Allied Health Professionals, the majority of which are Radiographers, but also include Physiotherapists and Operating Department Practitioners.
These roles play an integral part in how we make healthcare better and provide excellent services to our patients, with many of the people in these roles having developed their careers over a number of years, both at InHealth and in other organisations.
Thank you to all of our Allied Health Professionals!