You will be given a call bell whilst having your scan. Should you need to stop the scan at any point, simply squeeze this and our staff will attend to you immediately.
There is an intercom inside the scanner so you will be able to talk to the staff at any time between scans.
Sometimes, to improve the quality of the images, it may be necessary to give you an injection of a special dye. If this is required, our staff will explain this to you and answer any
questions you may have.
Your results are not sent here - they will be with your GP. Please contact your GP or whomever sent you to us if you want more information. Results usually take a few days to be processed so please understand and be patient.
After Your Scan
There are no after effects from the scan. You can return to your normal activities as soon as the scan is over.
• Our scanning staff are specialists in obtaining high quality images. However, they are not trained to diagnose from these.
• The images from the scan are studied by a Consultant who will prepare a written report to send to whomever requested your scan (GP, physio, etc).
• If we spot anything that needs urgent attention when you are with us or, if the Consultant sees anything when writing your report, then there is a process in place to ensure this is reported to your GP as soon as possible and the necessary steps taken to get you treatment quickly.
• We are always keen to hear feedback and have patient feedback forms available.
• If you have any further questions please speak to a member of staff who will be happy to help.